NAIST implements and promotes the double degree programs in order to achieve a global campus which fosters global leaders in advanced science and technology.
"In the double degree program separate degrees are conferred by multiple institutions in a specific field of study. In comparison to a student obtaining a doctoral degree from one institution and then obtaining an additional doctoral degree from another institution, based on education collaboration achieved through academic agreements to create a more developed educational system than simple academic credit exchange, NAIST is are able to enhance the combined effects of the programs in each institution while, at the same time, reducing the time and academic requirements required for earning two doctoral degrees. In order to ensure the quality of the degrees offered through the double degree program and the education provided through it, the NAIST Double Degree Program Guidelines stipulate the areas requiring consideration when planning a double degree program. (From the NAIST Double Degree Program Implementation Guidelines)
- NAIST Double Degree Program Implementation Guidelines (Internal Only)
Outline of procedures for concluding a double degree program agreement
- Double degree program plan preparation (Internal / Japanese Only)
The faculty member will work with the Division Director and the Education Program Chair to prepare a double degree program plan. * Attach course completion schedules (chart), etc. when deemed necessary.
- Submit the plan to the Division for Global Education (DGE)
- Coordination and negotiations for the agreement begin by DGE.
- On-campus approval procedures: submission of and approval by the necessary meetings, councils, etc.
- Signing of the double degree program agreement
Important points for creating new double degree programs
- Plan the program considering degree and education quality assurance
- Continuable, long-term program implementation, based on the mutual benefit and equality of the participating institutions, is preferable
- A continuous history of faculty, staff and/or students exchange, based on academic exchange agreements
- A record of systematic exchange with the partner organization
- Results which cannot be achieved through guidance based on academic exchange agreements and (but?) can only be especially obtained through the double degree program can be expected.
- A structure where program management can be taken over by the entire Division, not only handled by select laboratories, is preferable
- Double degree program for students
- VISA Information (for students)
- International partner list
- Double Degree Program List
- Contact us
- Division for Global Education
TEL : (0743)72-6242 / 6243
E-mail : dge[at]ad.naist.jp