Ever since its establishment in 1986, POSTECH has stayed true to its role in Korean higher education as a pioneer in science and technology research. Located in the city of Pohang, the 400-acre, park-like campus is home to the Pohang Accelerator Laboratory and minutes away from POSCO, the fourth-largest steelmaking company in the world. POSTECH has come a long way in its short history to become globally recognized as one of Asia's premier universities and among the most selective, highly ranked research universities in Korea.
|Pohang University of Science & Technology (POSTECH)|
Master's and doctoral course students
1. Semester Exchange (C: Course Taking): Spring/Fall semester, credit transfer
2. Research Exchange (R: Research Participation): Non-credit, lab research for thesis, internship, etc.
3. C + R Combined : Term may overlap and/or be continuous
|Maximum number of nominations||A few|
1. C: 1 academic year (2 semesters) September 6, 2021 - December 24, 2021
2. R: 3 months - 2 years
1. Students nominated by NAIST
2. GPA average above B (3.0/4.3)
3. English Proficiency (for non-native students) : Equivalent scores of TOEFL iBT 79, IELTS (Ac) 6.0 or above
|Tuition fees, etc.||
* Based on the MOU between NAIST and POSTECH, tuition fees will be exempted. However, the participants shall pay to POSTEC such general and administrative costs and expenses as may be charged by POSTECH. Before the participants depart from NAIST, POSTECH shall inform the participants about their obligations to pay such costs and expenses.
|Housing||On-campus dorms are available * Specific costs will be specified in the upcoming pages.|
-> English -> Learning Guide -> Courses -> Select Semester (Spring : 1, Fall : 2)
for specific inquiries on course listings and syllabi please contact shawnjeong[at]postech.ac.kr.
Graduate: Minimum: 3 / Maximum: 18
Indicated as Lec-Lab-Crt on syllabus
Lec: lecture hours per week
Lab: laboratory hours per week
Crt: Total credits offered
|Compulsory Medical Insurance||
Approximately 40,000 KRW per month
*In Korea, international students must participate in National Health Insurance Service (NHIS).
|Current COVID-19 in POSTECH||[POSTECH 2021 Fall] COVID-19 Conditions & Cautions（Campus only）|
|How to apply||
1. If you wish to apply, please consult with your supervisor in advance and contact
the Division for Global Education (DGE) with following information:
・email address and
・planned length of stay at POSTECH
2. DGE will nominate the candidates for consideration and send a list to POSTEC.
|Nomination deadline in NAIST||Wednesday, April 21, 2021|
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Division for Global Education, NAIST