Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions:
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting Date:
On July 1st, 2017 or as early as possible after that.
4. Terms of employment:
Five Years (with possibility of reappointment)
(Several support options such as start-up expense support are available for female researchers chosen for employment.)
Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Human Augmentation
- PhD degree is required at the date of hiring.
- One who has excellent scholarly achievements in one or more areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Human Augmentation.
- One who can enthusiastically promote the education of graduate students of Information Science, especially Media Informatics, in English.
7. Terms of employment:
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials:
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three different major refereed journals or conference papers.
11. Selection procedure:
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
12. All documents must arrive no later than
May 12, 2017.
13. All documents should be sent to the following address:
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application' in red on the envelope.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. The materials of rejected applicants will be discarded to protect the personal information.
14. For inquires please contact:
Professor Kiyoshi Kiyokawa, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan