Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionGraduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting dateOn or as close as possible to December 1st, 2017
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
(When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.)
5. FieldsImaging-based Computational Biomedicine and its related fields including Biomedical Image Analysis, Biomedical Imaging, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Biomedical Robotics, Biomedical Simulations.
- PhD degree is required at the date of hiring.
- A person who has excellent scholarly achievements in one or more of the above-specified fields.
- A person who can enthusiastically promote the education of graduate students of Information Science, especially in the interdisciplinary fields of Information Science and Biomedicine.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three major refereed journal or conference papers
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
12. Deadline for applicationsFriday, September 29th, 2017 (Japan Time)
13. Address for submissionProfessor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application' in red on the front of the envelope.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
14. For inquiriesProfessor Yoshinobu Sato, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan