Public Advertisement for Professor, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionGraduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positionsOne Full Professor
3. Starting dateOn or as close as possible to April 1, 2018
4. Employment termPermanent
- *The professor will work with one assistant professor, to be hired immediately after the professor's assignment. An additional assistant professor may be hired later in accordance with the regulations of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences.
- *When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
5. FieldsPlant Science
Research on modern plant science based on molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, genome biology, and omics science. Research subjects should include not only model plants but also crops, trees, ornamental plants, and plants with economic value, aimed at contributing to solutions for various global problems in areas related to the environment, energy, food, and natural resources.
- Excellent academic achievements and outstanding ability in the above research field and in graduate student research guidance and education
- A person who will enthusiastically promote the advanced research and education of graduate students, including foreign students, in cooperation with research staff of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationCalculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar etc.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Friday, October 27, 2017 (Japanese Time).
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Plant Sciences)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Takashi Hashimoto (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.