Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionGraduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting dateFebruary 1, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (Reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term of employment possible is until March 31, 2024.)
(When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.)
5. FieldsTumor Cell Biology
Cancer research on cell cycle regulation and the mechanism of leukemogenesis based on molecular biology, cell biology, and tumor biology.
- Excellent academic achievements in the above field
- A person who will enthusiastically promote the education and research of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences, in cooperation with Prof. Jun-ya Kato
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar etc.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Tuesday, November 21, 2017 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Tumor Cell Biology)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Jun-ya Kato (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.