Public Advertisement for Associate Professor, Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Associate Professor
3. Starting DateEarliest date after April 1, 2018
4. Employment termPermanent position
(When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.)
5. FieldBio-Process Engineering
- Having deep knowledge and outstanding achievements in materials science especially to develop bio-process engineering based on microchip fabrication and femtosecond laser technologies, and enthusiasm to teach these science and skills to students.
- Enthusiasm to promote interdisciplinary investigations for bio-process engineering, in which new cell and protein manipulations are realized in microchips combined with lasers, microscopes, and electronic devices.
- Enthusiasm to promote the education and research of students with Prof. Y. Hosokawa who is a head of the Bio-Process Engineering Laboratory.
- Attainment of an academic degree from a foreign university and/or work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) are preferred.
- Japanese language skills for discussion, reports, and paperwork relating to education issues.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationCalculated in accordance with NAIST salary regulations
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document screening
- Second stage: Interview by faculty members
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Thursday, November 30, 2017 (Japanese Time).
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Jun Ohta, Dean of the Graduate School of Materials Science,
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Bio-Process Engineering)' in red on the front of the envelope.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.