Public Advertisement for Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Associate Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to April 1st, 2018
4. Employment termPermanent
(Several support options such as start-up expense support are available for female researchers chosen for employment.)
5. FieldHuman Augmentation, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality
- Ph.D. degree is required by the date of hiring.
- A person who has excellent academic achievements in the above fields.
- A person who will enthusiastically promote education and research.
- A person who will enthusiastically promote international exchange and international collaboration in English.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationCalculated in accordance with NAIST salary regulations
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three major refereed journal or conference papers
- Statement of motivation for the application and vision of your future career (about 200 words)
- One letter of recommendation
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Thursday, November 30th, 2017 (Japanese Time).
13. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application in Human Augmentation' in red on the front of the envelope.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
14. For inquiriesProfessor Kiyoshi Kiyokawa, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
E-mail: email@example.com, Tel: +81-743-72-5290