Public Advertisement for Professor, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Full Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to April 1, 2018
4. Employment termPermanent
*The professor will work with one assistant professor, to be hired immediately after the professor's assignment. An additional assistant professor may be hired later.
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
5. FieldBiomedical Science
Research on biological and biomedical sciences at the levels of molecule, cell, and whole-body. Research subjects should include not only cancer, immunology, neuroscience, senescence, but also development and regenerative medicine, discovering the new biologically active molecules. These subjects should contribute to solutions for various problems in areas related to the health and longevity of society.
- Excellent academic achievements and outstanding ability in the above research fields with a strong base in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and biomedical science. A person who will promote advanced research while considering the integrated areas with information science and material science.
- A person who has the ability to obtain research funds by excellent research proposals.
- A person who will enthusiastically promote the advanced research and education of graduate students, including foreign students, in cooperation with research staff of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationCalculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar etc.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Monday, December 4, 2017 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Biomedical Sciences)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Takashi Hashimoto (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.