Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionGraduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to February 1, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
5. FieldGene Regulation Research
Molecular developmental biology researches on morphogenesis and self-organization of multi-cellular organisms.
- Excellent academic achievements in the above fields
- A person who will enthusiastically promote the education and research, in cooperation with Prof. Yasumasa Bessho
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar etc.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Thursday, December 14, 2017 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Gene Regulation Research)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Yasumasa Bessho (email@example.com), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.