Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to April 1, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
5. FieldPhotonic Molecular Science
- Having deep knowledge and outstanding achievements in materials science especially to develop photonic molecular science based on photo-functional chemistry and synthetic chemistry, and enthusiasm to teach these science and skills to students.
- Enthusiasm to promote advanced and interdisciplinary studies for photonic molecular science, which are based on general skills in organic synthetic chemistry and physico-chemical characterization of photo-functional molecules.
- Enthusiasm to promote the education and research of students in collaboration with Prof. Tsuyoshi KAWAI who is a head of the Photonic Molecular Science Laboratory.
- Attainment of an academic degree from a foreign university and/or work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) are preferred.
- Japanese language skills sufficient for general discussion and paperwork.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation
11. Selection procedure
- Document screening
- Interview by faculty members
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Thursday, December 28, 2018 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Jun Ohta, Dean of the Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Photonic Molecular Science)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.