Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to April 1, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
5. FieldChemistry : Biomimetic and technomimetic molecular science
- PhD in molecular chemistry
- Excellent academic and research activity record in materials science especially those related on the biomimetic and technomimetic molecular science, and motivated to contribute to education for graduate school students in NAIST.
- This position aims mainly at synthesizing new compounds and their characterization with procedures based on organic and/or coordination synthetic chemistry, surface chemistry, electro- and photo-chemistry.
- Enthusiasm to teach these sciences and skills, and to promote the education and research of students in cooperation with Prof. G. Rapenne (to be appointed in April 2018) who will be the head of the new laboratory (to be established in April, 2018).
- Work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) is preferred.
- Japanese and English language skills for discussion, reports, and paperwork relating to education issues.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably in English but Japanese is acceptable)
11. Selection procedure
- Document screening
- Second stage: Interview by faculty members in English
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Thursday 4th of January 2018 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Jun Ohta, Dean of the Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Biomimetic and Technomimetic Molecular Science)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
14. For inquiriesPlease contact the above, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 0743-72-6009
Important information is given below:
A description of the research topics and the equipment of the laboratory can be also found on the site below as a pdf to be downloaded in English and Japanese: