Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to April 1, 2018.
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
5. FieldSoftware Engineering, especially on Software Quality and/or Software Reuse
- Excellent academic and research activity record in the interdisciplinary field mentioned above.
- PhD in the field above.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three major refereed journal or conference papers
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Wednesday, January 31, 2018 (JST).
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Software Engineering)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
14. For inquiriesPlease contact:
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan