Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Assistant Professor
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to April 1st, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
5. FieldDesign, development and operation of software defined systems
- PhD in the field above.
- Those who have excellent research experience in the fields related to system construction by virtualization technology (software service, cloud computing, virtualization network, SDN, design and verification of large scale complex system using these, etc.). Especially, in these related fields, it is preferable to have experience in research and development of middleware and tools etc. therefore to be able to cooperate in the planning and procurement of the computer service infrastructure within the university in cooperation with the Center for Integrated Information Infrastructure
- A person who can be in charge of practical education subjects such as lectures on virtualization technology and software development exercises.
- Those who can motivate graduate students at the Division of Information Science to promote education and state-of-the-art research
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three major refereed journal or conference papers
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Wednesday, January 31th, 2018 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Software Design and Analysis)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
14. For inquiriesPlease contact:
Professor Hajimu Iida, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan