Public Advertisement for Female Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST will be merged to create the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Female Assistant Professor
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to July 1, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
5. Probation periodNone
6. FieldPlant Physiology
Molecular biology researches on physiology and chronobiology of multi-cellular organisms.
- Excellent academic achievements in the above fields
- A person who will enthusiastically promote the education and research, in cooperation with Prof. Motomu Endo (to be appointed in April 2018)
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
9. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
10. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar etc.
13. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Wednesday, March 28, 2018 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submissionAll documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Dean of the Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Plant Physiology)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Prof. Takashi Hashimoto (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.