Public Advertisement for Assistant Professors, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of PositionsTwo Assistant Professors
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various support for researchers from overseas including introducing various employment information for their partners. http://www.naist.jp/en/ciss/
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to August 1st, 2018
4. Employment termFive Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
6. FieldAugmented Reality, Augmented Human and Virtual Reality, or Real-time Image Processing for these research fields.
- Excellent academic achievements in the above fields
- Conduct cutting-edge research and education for graduate students in the field as above, actively.
- Be capable of giving lectures and supervising students in English.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
9. RemunerationAnnual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
10. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: The selection will be conducted based on results and achievements in the areas of research and education and on your future plans of work at NAIST. We will take into consideration not only the number of papers, but also the contents of publications and research.
- Second Stage: In order to select the final candidate, the selection committee may conduct interviews with the candidates selected in the first stage screening. Interviews will be held in either English or Japanese to evaluate the candidates based on the abovementioned qualifications for applicants.
13. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Friday, May 25th, 2018 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Division of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Cybernetics and Reality Engineering Laboratory)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process.
Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.