Public Advertisement for Specially-appointed Assistant Professor, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. InstitutionDivision of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
*In April 2018, the three graduate schools of NAIST were merged to the Graduate School of Science and Technology.
2. Number of PositionsOne Specially-appointed Assistant Professor
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting DateOn or as close as possible to February 1, 2019
4. Employment termUntil March 31, 2019 (The maximum length of employment possible is until March 31th, 2023.)
5. FieldChemistry: Biomimetic and technomimetic molecular science
- PhD in molecular chemistry
- Excellent academic and research activity record in materials science especially those related on the biomimetic and technomimetic molecular science, and motivated to contribute to education for graduate school students in NAIST.
- This position aims mainly at synthesizing new compounds and their characterization with procedures based on organic and/or coordination synthetic chemistry, nanometer-scale chemistry and/or functional materials chemistry, electro- and/or photo-chemistry.
- Enthusiasm to teach these sciences and skills, and to promote the education and research of students in cooperation with Prof. Gwenael Rapenne, the head of the laboratory.
- Work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) is preferred.
- English language skills for discussion, reports, and paperwork relating to education issues.
7. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
8. RemunerationAnnual salary of about JPY5,000,000, dependent on the salary regulations of NAIST
9. InsuranceEmployees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
10. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably in English but Japanese is acceptable)
11. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document screening
- Second stage: Interview by faculty members in English
12. Deadline for applicationsAll documents must arrive no later than Tuesday October 2, 2018 (Japanese Time)
13. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Jun Ohta, Director, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Biomimetic and Technomimetic Molecular Science)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be disposed of to protect personal information.