Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to April 1st, 2019
4. Employment term
Five years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing and its related fields including mobile sensing, urban sensing, human activity recognition, psychological state estimation, human-in-the-loop systems.
- PhD degree is required by the date of hiring.
- One who has excellent scholarly achievements in one or more of the above-specified fields.
- One who is capable of giving lectures and supervising students in English and is highly motivated to promote international collaboration in the above-specified fields.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Calculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three major refereed journal or conference papers
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: Document based screening.
- Second Stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
13. Deadline for applications
All documents must arrive no later than Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Director, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Professor Keiichi Yasumoto, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Nara Institute of Science and Technology