Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
One Assistant Professor
January 1, 2012 or later
5 years (a three-year extension is possible)
Foundation and/or Application areas of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning , and Text Mining
(1) PhD degree is required at the date of hiring, favorably with research and/or educational experience abroad
(2) One who has excellent scholarly achievements in one or more areas of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Large scale Corpus Processing, and Text Mining
(3) One who can enthusiastically promote the education of graduate students of Information Science and frontier research
(1) Workdays: From Monday through Friday except for the following holidays
(2) Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end and beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
(3) Working hours: a discretionary labor system
Based on the salary payment rules of NAIST
Based on the salary payment rules of NAIST (commuting allowance, family allowance, house allowance, end-of-the-year bonus, etc.)
Join the MEXT mutual aid association (health insurance and annuity), workers’ accident insurance and employment insurance
(1) Curriculum vitae (Please use the NAIST Resume format)
(2) Achievement list of research and education (Please use the NAIST format)
(3) Reprints or copies of three recent reviewed journal or conference papers
(4) One letter of recommendation
Document based screening. Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
Professor Kotaro Minato, Dean of the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write in red as ‘Job Application’ on the front of the envelope.
All documents should be used only for the purpose of the screening and should never be used for any other purposes.
To Professor Yuji Matsumoto, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX：0743-72-5249