Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positions
One Assistant Professor
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up funding.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting date
On or as close as possible to July 1, 2020
4. Employment term
5 years (Reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term possible is 10 years.)
As of April 1st, 2013, the total duration of employment for newly employed Fixed-term Contract Employees may not exceed 10 years.
Plant physiology and Plant chronobiology
- Excellent academic achievements in the above fields.
- A person who will enthusiastically promote education and research, in cooperation with Prof. ENDO Motomu
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
*Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to submit the "Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR" with your signature.
*Note: You can find detailed information concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar, etc.
13. Deadline for applications
All application materials must arrive no later than Thursday, April 23, 2020 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address below.
Professor HASHIMOTO Takashi, Director, Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Plant Physiology)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send by e-mail, all application materials should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Prof. ENDO Motomu (endo[at]bs.naist.jp), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Professor ENDO Motomu
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology