Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
* When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to October 1, 2019
4. Employment term
Until March, 31, 2024 (reappointment not to be permitted)
Applied Stress Microbiology.
- A person who has excellent academic achievements in yeast metabolism and physiology and will contribute to research on stress tolerant mechanisms of yeast and their biotechnological applications through cooperation with industry, government and university
- A person who will enthusiastically promote education and research, in cooperation with Prof. Hiroshi Takagi
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Calculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: Document based screening.
- Second Stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar, etc.
13. Deadline for applications
All documents must arrive no later than Tuesday, July 16, 2019 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Director, Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Applied Stress Microbiology)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Prof. Hiroshi Takagi (hiro[at]bs.naist.jp), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Prof. Hiroshi Takagi, E-mail: hiro[at]bs.naist.jp
Nara Institute of Science and Technology