Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up funding.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to October 1, 2020
(The starting date may be changed to April 1, 2021, depending on the successful applicant's commitments/schedule.)
4. Employment term
5 Years (Reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term possible is 10 years.)
As of April 1st, 2013, the total duration of employment for newly employed Fixed-term Contract Employees may not exceed 10 years.
- Having deep knowledge and outstanding achievements in thermoelectric materials or organic semiconductor devices and enthusiasm to teach science and skills in these fields.
- Sufficient experience in electrical or thermal transport experiments for education and research purposes.
- Japanese or English language skills sufficient for the communication in a laboratory and experience in the training of students with these languages.
- Enthusiasm to promote the education and research of students in collaboration with Prof. Masakazu NAKAMURA who is a head of the Laboratory for Organic Electronics.
- Attainment of an academic degree from a foreign university and/or work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) are preferred.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Calculated in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document screening
- Second stage: Interview by faculty members
13. Deadline for applications:
All application materials must arrive no later than Monday, May 18, 2020 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address below.
Professor OHTA Jun, Director of the Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Organic Electronics)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact the above, E-mail: ms-dean[at]ms.naist.jp or FAX: +81-743-72-6009.
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology