Public Advertisement for Female Assistant Professor Bioinformatics section, Data Science Center, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Bioinformatics section, Data Science Center / Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology (concurrent position), Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positions
One Female Assistant Professor
3. Starting date
On or as close as possible to January 1, 2022
4. Employment term
5 years (Reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term possible is 5 years.)
In regard to the position offered in this advertisement, the total duration of employment as a Fixed-term Contract Employee may not exceed 10 years.
- Female researchers who hold or expect to obtain a Ph.D. by the time of arrival.
- The candidate should have an excellent research record in statistical machine learning, quantitative mathematical modeling of nonlinear dynamical systems, systems biology, and biophysics. The candidate should conduct data-driven research and education to elucidate the principles of biological functions and discover phenomena that should be verified experimentally.
- A person who will enthusiastically promote education and research, in cooperation with Prof. SAKUMURA Yuichi
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
*Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to submit the "Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR" with your signature.
*Note: You can find detailed information concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening
- Second stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar, etc.
13. Deadline for applications:
All application materials must arrive no later than 17:00, Friday, October 15, 2021 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address below.
Professor NAKAMURA Satoshi, Director, Data Science Center, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Data-Driven Biology)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send by e-mail, all application materials should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Prof. SAKUMURA Yuichi (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes. Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Prof. SAKUMURA Yuichi(email@example.com)
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology