Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology (Field:Software design and analysis)
Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positions
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting date
On or as close as possible to April 1st, 2022
4. Employment term
5 years (Reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term possible is due Mar. 31st, 2031.)
In regard to the position offered in this advertisement, the total duration of employment for newly employed Fixed-term Contract Employees may not exceed 10 years.
Software design and analysis, especially Software defined systems or analytics of software systems
- PhD degree is required at the date of hiring.
- One who has excellent scholarly achievements in one or more of the above-specified fields.
- One who is capable of supervising graduate students including international students and is highly motivated to promote international collaboration in the above-specified fields.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
*Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to submit the "Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR" with your signature.
*Note: You can find detailed information concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening.
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
13. Deadline for applications:
All application materials must arrive no later than Monday, Jan. 31st, 2022 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address or email below.
Professor Michiko Inoue, Director of the Division of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
E-mail: is-director[at]is.naist.jp (Change the [at] in the address to @)
(We can accept application materials by postal mail or email)
If you send materials by postal mail, write 'Job Application (Software design and analysis)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send materials by e-mail, the subject should be 'Job Application (Field: Software design and analysis)', and all application materials should be converted to a single PDF file with organizing materials in the order of (1), (2).
In case you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days, please contact Hajimu Iida,
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Professor Hajimu Iida, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
E-mail: iida[at]itc.naist.jp (Change the [at] in the address to @)
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology