Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology (Field:Information Device Science)
Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positions
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting date
On or as close as possible to May 1, 2022
4. Employment term
From the starting date to March 31,2023. (reappointment to be determined by performance review. Maximum possible term is by April 30,2027) As of April 1st, 2013, the total duration of employment for newly employed Fixed-term Contract Employees may not exceed 10 years.
Information Device Science
- Motivated to promote the creation of new inorganic materials. In particular, the candidate should have an excellent track record in the field of synthesis of inorganic semiconductor materials and be willing to integrate machine learning.
- Enthusiasm to promote the education and research of students in collaboration with Prof. FUJII Mikiya, head of the Materials Informatics Laboratory, and other staffs in the Laboratory.
- Attainment of an academic degree from a foreign university and/or work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) are preferred.
- Japanese language skills sufficient for general discussion and paperwork.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation
*Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to submit the "Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR" with your signature.
*Note: You can find detailed information concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening
- Second stage: Interview by faculty members
13. Deadline for applications:
All application materials must arrive no later than 17:00 on February 24 (Thu.), 2022 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address or email below.
Professor KAWAI Tsuyoshi, Director, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
E-mail: informatics-jokyo-fujii[at]ms.naist.jp (Change the [at] in the address to @)
(We can accept application materials by postal mail or email)
If you send materials by postal mail, write 'Job Application (Materials Informatics, Assistant Professor)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send materials by e-mail, all application materials should be converted to a single PDF file with organizing materials in the order of (1), (2), (3).
In case you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days, please contact informatics-jokyo-fujii[at]ms.naist.jp. (Change the [at] in the address to @)
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact the above, E-mail: informatics-jokyo-fujii[at]ms.naist.jp (Change the [at] in the address to @) or FAX: +81-743-72-6009.
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology