Public Advertisement for Female Assistant Professor, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology (Field:Bio-Process Engineering)
Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positions
One Female Assistant Professor
3. Starting date
On or as close as possible to September 1, 2022
4. Employment term
Five Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term possible is 5 years.)
In regard to the position offered in this advertisement, the total duration of employment as a Fixed-term Contract Employee may not exceed 10 years.
- Having outstanding achievements in processing and/or sensing of biological micro objects, such as cells and proteins, utilizing laser and microscope.
- Enthusiasm to promote the education and research of students in the Division of Materials Science with Prof. Yoichiroh Hosokawa who is a head of Bio-Process Engineering Laboratory.
- Japanese language skills for discussion, reports, and paperwork relating to education issues is preferred.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation
*Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to submit the "Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR" with your signature.
*Note: You can find detailed information concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document screening
- Second stage: Interview by faculty members
13. Deadline for applications:
All application materials must arrive no later than March 31, 2022. (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address or email below.
Professor KAWAI Tsuyoshi, Director, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
E-mail: bioprocess-jokyo-hosokawa[at]ms.naist.jp (Change the [at] in the address to @)
(We can accept application materials by postal mail or email)
If you send materials by postal mail, write 'Job Application (Bio Process Engineering)' in red on the front of the envelope.
If you send materials by e-mail, all application materials should be converted to a single PDF file with organizing materials in the order of (1), (2), (3).
In case you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days, please contact bioprocess-jokyo-hosokawa[at]ms.naist.jp. (Change the [at] in the address to @)
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
For inquires: Please contact the above, E-mail: bioprocess-jokyo-hosokawa[at]ms.naist.jp (Change the [at] in the address to @) or FAX: +81-743-72-6009.
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology