1. Kimata Y, Ishiwata-Kimata Y, Ito T, Hirata A, Suzuki T, Oikawa D, Takeuchi M, Kohno K (2007) “Two regulatory steps of ER-stress sensor Ire1 involving its cluster formation and interaction with unfolded proteins.” J. Cell Biol. Vol.179, 75-86.
2. Okamura K, Kimata Y, Higashio H, Tsuru A, Kohno K (2000) “Dissociation of Kar2p/BiP from an endoplasmic reticulum sensory molecule, Ire1p, triggers unfolded protein response in yeast.” Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. Vol.279, 445-450.
3. Kimata Y, Kimata YI, Shimizu Y, Abe H, Farcasanu IC, Takeuchi M, Rose MD, Kohno K (2003) “Genetic evidence for a role of BiP/Kar2 that regulates Ire1 in response to accumulation of unfolded proteins.” Mol. Biol. Cell Vol.14, 2559-2569.
4. Kimata Y, Oikawa D, Shimizu Y, Ishiwata-Kimata Y, Kohno, K (2004) “A role for BiP as an adjustor for the endoplasmic reticulum stress-sensing protein Ire1.” J. Cell Biol. Vol.167, 445-456.
5. Oikawa D, Kimata Y, Kohno K (2007) “Self-association and BiP dissociation are not sufficient for activation of the ER stress sensor Ire1.” J. Cell Sci. Vol.120, 1681-1688.