The Division for Global Education (DGE) was established in 2015 as part of plans put forth in the MEXT Top Global University Project for which NAIST was chosen, and was built upon the achievements of the Center for International Relations that had operated from 2009 until then to strategically manage the international strategies put in place to organize and strengthen NAIST's global network and pursuits in both education and research.
With a long history of collaboration around the globe and the network that these activities achieved, DGE heads strategic international efforts while cooperating with the faculty and our partner institutions to develop new and pioneering programs and opportunities.
As the main administrative office handling international communications concerning aspects from individual student or researcher inquiries to institution-level agreements, the DGE staff strives to promote the following:
- The expansion of NAIST's global research and education activities
- The organized cooperation with educational and research institutions overseas
- The mobility and admission of international students to NAIST
- The hosting international researchers and faculty at NAIST
- The dispatchment of NAIST faculty abroad
- The facilitation of collaborative research on a global scale