Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of positions
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting date
On or as close as possible to April 1, 2021
4. Employment term
5 years (Reappointment to be determined by performance review. However, the maximum term possible is 10 years.)
As of April 1st, 2013, the total duration of employment for newly employed Fixed-term Contract Employees may not exceed 10 years.
Cybernetics and Reality Engineering, especially Augmented Human, Augmented Reality, and Virtual reality.
- PhD degree is required at the date of hiring.
- One who has excellent scholarly achievements in one or more of the above-specified fields.
- One who is capable of supervising graduate students including international students and is highly motivated to promote international collaboration in the above-specified fields.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
*Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to submit the "Consent form for handling personal information based on GDPR" with your signature.
*Note: You can find detailed information concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
12. Selection procedure
- First stage: Document based screening
- Second stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
13. Deadline for applications:
All application materials must arrive no later than Tuesday, December 25, 2020 (JST).
14. Address for submission
All application materials should be sent to the address below.
Professor MATSUMOTO Kenichi, Director of the Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Cybernetics and Reality Engineering, Assistant Professor)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All application materials will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact: Professor KIYOKAWA Kiyoshi, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
16. Passive smoking preventative measures
In order to prevent passive smoking, smoking (including smoking while walking) is prohibited on campus, except for designated areas.
Nara Institute of Science and Technology