NAIST is calling for the candidate students who would like to be enrolled as a Chinese Government Scholarship Program Doctoral Research Student under the China Scholarship Council (CSC) in accordance with the following conditions and procedures.
Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship Program at Nara Institute of Science and Technology
1. Category and number of students
Doctoral Research Student
(To enroll in the doctoral course of NAIST to pursue a doctoral degree)
3 students (each academic year)
2. Enrollment period
3. Period of support
Within the standard terms of study of the doctoral course of NAIST (Up to 3 years)
4. Eligibility for Application
Eligible persons are those who fall under either one of the following items and who apply to become a Chinese Government Scholarship Program Doctoral Research Student under the CSC, wishing to enroll in NAIST to pursue a Doctoral degree, having already obtained consent from the professor by whom they wish to be supervised.
- Those who have completed their coursework at a university which the CSC stipulates and hold the equivalent of a master's degree.
- Those who will be conferred a master's degree from a university which the CSC stipulates before planned enrollment in the doctoral course of NAIST.
- Those who are eligible for either "Admission for doctoral Course" or "Screening of Specially Recommended International Students for doctoral course" for 2020 fall enrollment described in each guideline and have applied or intend to apply in the following application period.
１） Admission for doctoral course (Fall enrollment, 1st examination)
Application period : January 20, 2020 - January 22, 2020
２） Screening of Specially Recommended International Students (Fall enrollment, 1st examination)
Application period : February 3, 2020 - February 7, 2020
5. Tuition, etc
Enrollment fee and tuition shall not be collected from the accepted students. Period of wavier for tuition shall be up to the standard term of study. If applicants submit the passing certificate of Chinese Government Scholarship Program when applying for the entrance examination for doctoral course, examination fee shall not be collected.
6. How to apply
After contacting the prospective professor by whom they wish to be supervised and obtaining the approval of acceptance, applicants should submit the completed application documents.
Please refer to the following site to find the laborateries or the prospectire professor.
January 30, 2020
International Student Affairs Section of the International Affairs Division
- One Letter of Recommendation
● The letter should be written by the Dean of the student's graduate school or the applicant's academic supervisor.
- Certificate of expected graduation for master's course of the current university or certificate of graduation for a master's course of university graduated.
● If written in Chinese, attach an official English or Japanese translation.
- Transcript from the current university or university graduated.
● If written in Chinese, attach an official English or Japanese translation
- Copy of the e-mail or a document showing that a professor of NAIST has agreed to accept the applicant.
- Other documents NAIST deems necessary
7. Screening method and selection results
- Upon document screening in accordance with selection methods mandated by NAIST, selection of candidates will be conducted by the Educational Initiatives Committee.
- Candidates officially chosen by NAIST will be sent a Letter of Acceptance.
- If applicants pass the screening held by the CSC, they should submit the passing certificate for the Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
- Applicants who obtain the approval of acceptance as a Doctoral Research Students should apply for the entrance examination for the doctoral course within the designated period and take the examination.
8. Other information
Applicants should complete the entrance procedures within the designated period.