Application Procedure for Research Students Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 2016
Persons who are graduates of a university or college, or who are assessed by the relevant graduate school to have equal or higher academic ability than a university graduate.
2. Application Procedure
Applicants are requested to obtain the advisory professor's informal consent before submitting the following documents with a screening fee.
3. Required forms
- Application Form (use designated form)
- Certificate of graduation or completion and certified academic record of the university attended most recently
- Two photographs (size 3.0×2.4 cm showing the face clearly, with your name and nationality in block letters on their back. One is to be put on the application form.)
- Envelope for mailing the results of the screening (Applicant's address, name and postal code should be written on it and 372 yen stamps attached. The amount of stamps to be attached on an envelope is subject to change according to the postage charge. )
- Copy of "resident card"(Both Sides)
Notes: If presently employed, applicants are requested to submit the following documents.
- Statement by the applicant that the intended research is for personal interest only
- Statement by the applicant's supervisor that the applicant's research has no relation to business profits
- Statement of consent by the applicant's supervisor
4. Screening Fee
5. Deadline for application:
(April term) February 29, 2016
(October term) August 31, 2016
6. Period of study
Up to one year. (An extension may be permitted if there are special reasons)
7. Screening Method
Admission will be based on the documents submitted. The result of screening will be informed using the envelope required above in 3.-(4).
8. Admission and Tuition
Admission fee: 84,600 yen
Tuition fee: 29,700 yen per month
- Failure to pay the enrollment fee by the due date will result in cancellation of admission.
- If the research period exceeds six months, the tuition for the first six months and the remaining period shall be paid in two separate lump sums. The first lump sum will be due during the first month of the initial six month period, and the second lump sum will be due during the first month of the remaining period.
- Admission fees and Tuition are subject to change according to the latest regulations.
- Payment date will be advised with the notification of acceptance.
- Screening, Admission and Tuition, once paid, can not to be refunded to applicants for any reason.
- International students financed by the Japanese government (Kokuhi) are exempted from Screening, Admission and Tuition.
- Please consult with the Educational Affairs Division concerning overseas remittance.
Academic Affairs Section
Educational Affairs Division
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
8916-5, Takayama-cho, Ikoma-shi, Nara 630-0192