Promoting and strengthening research collaboration with overseas institutions
The Division for Research Strategy promotes international collaborative research to strengthen NAIST’s research capabilities. The division facilitates human and research networks with overseas research institutions at both the organizational and individual levels.
The Division also promotes three projects related to international collaboration in the MEXT Program for Promoting the Enhancement of Research Universities – the “Project for International Brain Circulation” under the Sustainable Research Enhancement Program and the “Project for International Satellite Laboratories” and the “Project for International Collaborative Laboratories” under the International Joint Research Network Program.
1. Survey and Analysis for International Collaborative Research to Enhance NAIST’s Research Capabilities
We conduct surveys and analyses to promote new collaborative research with overseas research institutions. In addition, we explore foreign institutions to establish International Satellite Laboratories and also foreign researchers to invite to International Collaborative Laboratories in NAIST.
2. Establishing International Satellite Laboratories as Overseas Research Bases
We perform negotiations and signing agreements with research institutes for the establishment of International Satellite Laboratories in foreign countries and provide support for activities related to the laboratories.
3. Inviting Renowned Researchers from Overseas to Set Up International Collaborative Laboratories in NAIST
We perform negotiations and signing agreements with research institutes for the establishment of International Collaborative Laboratories in NAIST and provide support for activities related to the laboratories.
4. Strengthening International Collaborative Research Network
We promote the strategic development of research networks with foreign institutions through dispatching faculty members overseas under the Project for International Brain Circulation.
5. Planning and Running International Symposiums with Overseas Institutions
We organize international symposiums both in Japan and overseas to facilitate collaborative research with foreign institutions.
6. Collecting Information about Overseas Sources of Research Funding
We gather information related to external funding such as research grants administered outside Japan.
7. International Public Relations
We publish research outcomes through online news services and NAIST Research Highlights in order to publicize beyond Japan the research being conducted at NAIST.