Nara Institute of Science and Technology
NAIST welcomes applications from highly motivated individuals seeking a world-class, interdisciplinary graduate education based on information, biological, or materials sciences. Promising candidates are welcomed regardless of their nationality or their research background during undergraduate studies. The university also welcomes scientists, engineers and others currently engaged in research who demonstrate a unique enthusiasm for scientific pursuit.
Graduate School of Information Science
The Graduate School of Information Science seeks people who are able to think logically and articulate their thoughts, and who seek an ability to respond flexibly to the changes in the science and technology of information and communications.
- Applicants to the Master's courses must demonstrate a strong curiosity and a willingness to take on entirely new challenges.
- Applicants to the Doctoral courses must demonstrate the potential to identify problems in specialized fields and approach them with practical solutions.
Graduate School of Biological Sciences
The Graduate School of Biological Sciences seeks the following types of students:
- Those with enthusiasm and drive for discovering the basic principles underlying life phenomena and biotic diversity at the molecular and cellular levels.
- Those with a keen interest in applying their expertise in biological sciences toward solving society's problems while working in one of the many fields of science and technology.
Graduate School of Materials Science
The Graduate School of Materials Science seeks the following types of students:
- Those who are highly motivated to conduct creative research in materials science or interdisciplinary scientific pursuit.
- Those with a keen interest in technological innovation related to social problems and the needs of industry.
Qualified candidates are evaluated based primarily on their potential through interview. In addition, NAIST utilizes a variety of measures in the admission process, including entrance examinations based on recommendation.