To applicants who wish to enroll at NAIST as a MEXT Scholarship student:
Those who have passed the preliminary screening held by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate can request a "Letter of Acceptance" by following the instructions below.
Please note that the application documents must reach NAIST on or before August 31, 2017.
*The office is closed due to the summer vacation: Fri. August 11 - Wed. August 16, 2017
How to request "Letter of Acceptance"
Please send the following items by email or post:
- A copy of all application documents submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
* All with confirmation seals affixed by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
- Application form
- Field of study and Research program
- Academic transcript of each academic year at the last university attended
- Graduation certificate or degree certificate from the last university attended
- Recommendation from the president or the supervising professor of the last university attended
- Recommendation letter from present employer (if currently employed)
- Certificate of health
- Abstracts of theses
- Passing Certificate of the primary screening
* We accept requests only when accompanied with a certificate of preliminary selection issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.
- Completed request form - Download here 【Word】 【PDF】
How to find a supervising professor
Please choose a supervising professor by following steps:
- Review the information of each laboratory on the website.
- Choose a NAIST professor whom you wish to have as your supervisor.
- Fill in the professor's name on the request form.
You may contact professors directly, but please be sure to send a copy (CC) of your e-mail to the International Student Affairs Section at email@example.com.
Information on our graduate schools
By E-mail, or postal delivery (Registered mail, such as EMS/Fed Ex)
Deadline for requests
We accept requests received on or before August 31, 2017.
Voice of students
International Student Affairs Section
International Affairs Division
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
8916-5, Takayama-cho, Ikoma-shi, Nara 630-0192 JAPAN
TEL: +81-743-72-5087 FAX: +81-743-72-5014