To applicants who wish to enroll at NAIST as a MEXT Scholarship student:
Those who have passed the preliminary screening held by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate can request a "Letter of Acceptance" by following the instructions below.
Please note that the application documents must reach NAIST on or before August 24, 2018 (Japan time).
*The office is closed due to the summer vacation: Sat. August 11 - Wed. August 15, 2018
How to request "Letter of Acceptance"
Please send the following items by email or post:
- A copy of all application documents submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
* All with confirmation seals affixed by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
- Application form
- Field of study and Research program
- Academic transcript of each academic year at the last university attended
- Graduation certificate or degree certificate from the last university attended
- Recommendation from the president or the supervising professor of the last university attended
- Recommendation letter from present employer (if currently employed)
- Abstracts of theses
- Passing Certificate of the primary screening
* We accept requests only when accompanied with a certificate of preliminary selection issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.
- Completed request form - Download here 【Word】 【PDF】
How to find a supervising professor
Please choose a supervising professor by following steps:
- Review the information of each laboratory on the website.
- Choose a NAIST professor whom you wish to have as your supervisor.
- Fill in the professor's name on the request form.
You may contact professors directly, but please be sure to send a copy (CC) of your e-mail to the International Student Affairs Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on our laboratories
By E-mail, or postal delivery (Registered mail, such as EMS/Fed Ex)
Deadline for requests
We accept requests received on or before 11:59pm, August 24, 2018 (Japan time).
Voice of students
International Student Affairs Section
International Affairs Division
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
8916-5, Takayama-cho, Ikoma-shi, Nara 630-0192 JAPAN
TEL: +81-743-72-5087 FAX: +81-743-72-6244