All international students are REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A COMPLETED PRE-APPLICATION FORM at least 5 months prior to the planned starting date of studies at NAIST. If submission is late, the application cannot be accepted.
Applicants who need to complete the procedure
Applicants for Research Student, Special Research Student, Special Auditing Student and Undergraduate Internship Student of foreign nationality (except for those holding Permanent Resident or Special Permanent Resident status in Japan)
How to submit the pre-application form
1. Please contact a professor whose lab you are interested in joining.
2. Please complete pre-application process by filing in the necessary information on the "Pre-application procedure Form"
- If you do not receive a reply within two weeks of submission, please contact the International Affairs Division (intl-support[at]ad.naist.jp).
- Change the "[at]" in the address to @.
Deadline for submission [Must be followed]
In case of April entrance, the deadline is November 1st.
In case of October entrance, the deadline is May 1st.
[Special Research Students, Special Auditing Students and Undergraduate Internship Students]
By the first day of the month which is five months prior to the month of admission (In case of October 1st entrance, the deadline will be May 1st.)
*If you miss above the deadline for submission, your application will not be accepted.
Procedures after submission
1. Students will be notified after the possibility of their acceptance at the desired laboratory has been determined. If the acceptance is possible, we will send you a letter of acceptance and inform you of the required documents for the application.
2. Please submit the application documents to the following address by the prescribed deadline.
International Student Affairs Section (ryugaku[at]ad.naist.jp)
3. After the application documents are received, they will be reviewed by the faculty and you will be notified of the result.
- For inquiries, please contact
- Pre-Application Support Desk (intl-support[at]ad.naist.jp)