Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to October 1st, 2018
4. Employment term
Five Years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
Interdisciplinary fields among computer vision, computer graphics and human computer interaction.
- Excellent academic achievements in the above fields
- Conduct cutting-edge research and education for graduate students in the field as above in Japanese and English.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Annual Salary Scheme (determined in accordance with the salary regulations of NAIST)
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: The selection will be conducted based on results and achievements in the areas of research and education and on your future plans of work at NAIST. We will take into consideration not only the number of papers, but also the contents of publications and research.
- Second Stage: In order to select the final candidate, the selection committee may conduct interviews with the candidates selected in the first stage screening. Interviews will be held in either English or Japanese to evaluate the candidates based on the abovementioned qualifications for applicants.
13. Deadline for applications
All documents must arrive no later than Thursday, August 16th, 2018 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Dean of the Division of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Interactive Media Design Laboratory)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process.
Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Professor Hirokazu Kato, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nara Institute of Science and Technology