Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to March 1st, 2019
4. Employment term
Five years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
Design, development and operation of software defined systems
- PhD in the field above.
- Those who have excellent research experience in the fields related to system construction by virtualization technology (software service, cloud computing, virtualization network, SDN, design and verification of large scale complex systems using these, etc.). Especially, in these related fields, it is preferable to have experience in research and development of middleware and tools, etc. and therefore be able to cooperate in the planning and procurement of the computer service infrastructure within the institute in cooperation with the Center for Integrated Information Infrastructure.
- A person who can be in charge of practical education subjects such as lectures on virtualization technology and software development exercises.
- Those who can motivate graduate students at the Division of Information Science to promote education and state-of-the-art research
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Calculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Reprints or photocopies of three major refereed journal or conference papers
- Motivation and ambition of entry (around 500 characters)
- Letter of recommendation from one or more persons
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: Document based screening.
- Second Stage: Hearing and interview by faculty members may take place when considered necessary.
13. Deadline for applications
All documents must arrive no later than Monday, December 3rd, 2018 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Kenichi Matsumoto, Director, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Software Design and Analysis)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned and will be solely used for the screening process. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Professor Hajimu Iida, Division of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Nara Institute of Science and Technology