Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to March 1, 2019
4. Employment term
Five years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
Structural Life Science, including X-ray crystallography and structural biology.
- Excellent academic achievements in the above fields
- A person who will enthusiastically promote education and research, in cooperation with Prof. Tomoya Tsukazaki
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Calculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: Document based screening.
- Second Stage: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by faculty members, presentation, seminar etc.
13. Deadline for applications
All documents must arrive no later than Friday, Deceember 21, 2018 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to one of the addresses below.
Professor Takashi Hashimoto, Director, Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Structural Life Science)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
If you send by e-mail, all documents should be converted to a single PDF file. Please contact Prof. Tomoya Tsukazaki (ttsukaza[at]bs.naist.jp), if you do not receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of the files within two business days.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact Prof. Tomoya Tsukazaki, E-mail: ttsukaza[at]bs.naist.jp
Nara Institute of Science and Technology