Public Advertisement for Assistant Professor, Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
Division of Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Number of Positions
One Assistant Professor
*When a female researcher is employed, we offer several support options such as start-up expenses.
*We offer various employment information for partners of researchers employed from overseas.
3. Starting Date
On or as close as possible to April 1, 2019
4. Employment term
Five years (reappointment to be determined by performance review)
Photofunctional Organic Chemistry
- Having deep knowledge and outstanding achievements in materials science especially to develop photofunctional organic chemistry based on functional organic chemistry and organic electronics materials, and enthusiasm to teach these science and skills to students.
- Enthusiasm to promote advanced and interdisciplinary studies for organic semiconducting materials and photofunctional organic materials, which are based on general skills in organic synthetic chemistry and organic photochemistry. Experience in making and evaluating organic electronic devices is preferred.
- Enthusiasm to promote the education and research of students in collaboration with Prof. Hiroko YAMADA who is a head of the Photofunctional Organic Chemistry Laboratory.
- Attainment of an academic degree from a foreign university and/or work experience in foreign research institutes (universities) are preferred.
- Japanese language skills sufficient for general discussion and paperwork.
8. Employment conditions
- Workdays: Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, national holidays, the end/beginning of the year and the anniversary of the founding of NAIST (October 1st)
- Working hours are left to the professor's discretion
Calculated in accordance with the salary payment regulations of NAIST
Employees' health insurance, employees' pension, workers' accident insurance and employment insurance
11. Application Materials
- NAIST format curriculum vitae (download from the site below)
- List of research and education achievements (NAIST format, download from the site below)
- Two letters of recommendation
12. Selection procedure
- First Stage: Document screening
- Second Stage: Interview by faculty members
13. Deadline for applications
All documents must arrive no later than Friday, January 4, 2019 (Japanese Time)
14. Address for submission
All documents should be sent to the address below.
Professor Jun Ohta, Director of the Division of Matreials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
Write 'Job Application (Photofunctional Organic Chemistry)' in red on the front of the envelope.
*All documents will only be used for the screening and will not be used for any other purposes.
Please note that application materials will not be returned. Rejected applicants' materials will be discarded to protect personal information.
15. For inquiries
Please contact the above, E-mail: ms-dean[at]ms.naist.jp or FAX: +81-743-72-6009
Nara Institute of Science and Technology