A bank account is required for paying student dormitory fees. The list of banks available for paying student dormitory fee (in Japanese): https://www.muf.bk.mufg.jp/collect/net/pdf/list.pdf

Required Documents

  1. Passport
  2. Residence card
  3. Personal seal (or signature if you have no seal)

Also apply for a cash card so that you can utilize ATMs. Choose a PIN number that cannot easily be guessed by other people in case you lose your card, to stop others from being able to use it.