To applicants who wish to enroll at NAIST as a MEXT Scholarship student:
Those who have passed the preliminary screening held by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate can request a "Letter of Acceptance" by following the instructions below.
Please note that the application documents must reach NAIST on or before August 27, 2021 (Japan time).
*The office is closed due to the summer vacation: Fri. August 13 - Tue. August 17, 2021
How to request "Letter of Acceptance"
Please send the following items by email:
- A copy (PDF) of following application documents submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
*The documents with confirmation seals affixed by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
*Please send the documents 1-1 in EXCEL and 1-2 in WORD format as well as the ones in PDF format.
- Application form
- Field of study and Research program
- Academic transcript of each academic year at the last university attended
- Graduation certificate or degree certificate from the last university attended
- Recommendation from the president or the supervising professor of the last university attended
- Recommendation letter from present employer (if currently employed)
- Abstracts of theses (if submitted to the diplomacy)
- Certificate of language proficiency (if submitted to the diplomacy)
- A copy of passing Certificate of the primary screening
* We accept requests only when accompanied with a certificate of preliminary selection issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.
- Request form for "Letter of Acceptance" - Download here 【Word】 【PDF】
How to find a supervising professor
Please choose a supervising professor by following steps:
- Review the information of each laboratory on the website.
- Choose a NAIST professor whom you wish to have as your supervisor.
- Fill in the professor's name on the request form.
You may contact professors directly, but please be sure to send a copy (CC) of your e-mail to the International Student Affairs Section at naist-mext[at]ad.naist.jp.
Information on our laboratories
Deadline for requests
We accept requests received on or before August 27, 2021 (Japan time).
Voice of students
International Student Affairs Section
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
8916-5, Takayama-cho, Ikoma-shi, Nara 630-0192 JAPAN