If you wish to bring members of your family to Japan (spouse and children only), you must obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for each family member. Certificates of Eligibility should be sent to your family, and the applicants should use these to apply for their visas at the local Embassy or Consulate. Note, however, that only those family members who will be staying in Japan for 90 days or longer are eligible to apply. Unless family members are coming from a country where a visa is not required for a period of 90 days or less, they must apply for a short-term visa.

Required Documents

  1. Application for Certificate of Eligibility [EXCEL]
  2. One photo (4 cm x 3 cm) for each family member
  3. Official document verifying family relationships
    (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)
  4. Copy of passport of each family member
  5. Copy of your passport
  6. Residence card
  7. Certificate of enrollment
  8. Certificate of Financial support / Document to certify your capability to support your family financially
  9. Residential Certificate
  10. Self-addressed envelope (with stamp of 392 yen)