Application Procedure for Research Students Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 2019
Persons who are graduates of a university or college, or who are deemed by the Graduate School of Science and Technology as having equal or higher academic ability than university graduate.
2. Application Procedure
Applicants are requested to obtain the advisory professor's informal consent before submitting the following documents with the screening fee.
3. Required forms
- Application Form (use designated form)
- Certificate of graduation or completion and certified academic record of the university attended most recently
- Two photographs (size 3.0×2.4 cm showing the face clearly, with your name and nationality in block letters on their backs. One is to be put on the application form.)
Note: If presently residing in Japan, applicants must include the following items.
- Envelope for mailing the results of the screening (Applicant's address, name and postal code should be written on it and 372 yen stamps attached. The amount of stamps to be attached on is subject to change according to the postage charge. )
- Copy of "residence card"(Both sides)
Notes: If presently employed, applicants are requested to submit the following documents.
- A definite written promise of the applicant stating that the applicant's research is for personal interest.
- A definite written promise from the applicant's supervisor stating that the applicant's research has no relation to the business or its profit.
- The written consent of applicant's supervisor for this research.
4. Screening Fee
5. Deadline for application
(April term) December 27, 2019
(October term) June 28, 2019
6. Period of study
Up to one year. (Extension may be permitted under special circumstances.)
7. Screening Method
Admission will be determined by the documents submitted.
8. Admission and Tuition fee
Admission fee: 84,600 yen
Tuition fee: 29,700 yen per month
- Screening, admission and tuition fee can not to be refunded to applicants once paid for any reason.
- International students financed by the Japanese government (Kokuhi) are exempted from screening, admission and tuition fees.
- Please consult with the Educational Affairs Division about the overseas remittance..
Educational Affairs Division
Nara Institute of Science and Technology
8916-5, Takayama-cho, Ikoma-shi, Nara 630-0192