Application Procedure for Research Students Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 2021
As of December 2020
University or college graduates, or those who are deemed by the Graduate School of Science and Technology as having equal or higher academic ability than university graduate.
2. Application procedure
Applicants are requested to obtain the advisory professor's informal consent before submitting the following documents along with the screening fee.
3. Required forms
- Application Form (use designated form) /
- Certificate of graduation or completion and certified academic record of the institution attended most recently
- Two photographs (size 3.0×2.4 cm showing the face clearly, with your name and nationality in block letters on their backs. One is to be put on the application form.)
Note: If presently residing in Japan, applicants must include the following items.
- Envelope for mailing the screening results (Applicant's name, address and postal code should be written on it and 384 yen stamps attached. The amount stamps to be attached is subject to change according to postage charge.)
- Copy of "Residence Card"(Both sides)
Notes: If presently employed, applicants are also requested to submit the following documents.
- A definite written promise of the applicant stating that the applicant's research is for personal interest.
- A definite written promise from the applicant's supervisor stating that the applicant's research has no relation to the employer's business or its profit.
- Written consent of applicant's supervisor to perform this research.
4. Screening fee
5. Deadline for application
- April semester: December 21, 2020
- October semester: June 26, 2021
6. Period of study
Up to one year. (Extension may be permitted under special circumstances.)
7. Screening method
Admission will be determined by the documents submitted.
8. Admission and tuition fees
Admission fee: 84,600 yen
Tuition fee: 29,700 yen per month
- Screening, admission and tuition fee can not to be refunded to applicants once paid for any reason.
- International students financed by the Japanese government (Kokuhi) are exempted from screening, admission and tuition fees.
- For more information, please consult with the Educational Affairs Division.
- Academic Affairs Section, Educational Affairs Division
Nara Institute of Science and Technology