Students who passedthe screening of Specially Recommended International Students can reserve a slot of this scholarship. Please contact us by the deadline below after confirming your eligibility as described below.
This is a scholarship program offered by the Japan Student Support Organization (JASSO) for privately-financed international students with excellent academic and character records who face financial difficulties.
48,000 yen per month
From April to March (1 year) / From October to March (6 months)
Qualifications for Application
- The candidate must have a GPA of 2.30 /300 or higher in the previous academic year and maintain the same GPA during the scholarship period.
- The candidate must meet the required condition of Japanese or English languages under written the scholarship guidelines.
e.g. Japanese: JLPT N2 or higher English: CEFR B2 or higher
- After the scholarship is granted, the candidate must agree to cooperate in the career path survey conducted by JASSO.
- Allowance (excluding enrollment fee, tuition fee, etc.) received by the candidate must not exceed an average of 90,000 yen per month.
- If the student has a financial supporter in Japan, his/her annual income must be less than 5 million yen.
- The candidate must not be receiving a scholarship that cannot be combined with other scholarships.
- The candidate must not be receiving support under JASSO's international students support program.
For students who will enroll in October: By the end of the previous April.
For students who will enroll in April: By the end of the previous November.
International Student Affairs Section: ryugaku[at]ad.naist.jp